PortAventura WORLD, Europe's most iconic family amusement park, with something for all tasted and ages. Explore an exciting world of emotions and live a thrilling adventure during your holiday on the Costa Dorada.
Embark on an amazing and unique adventure around the world and visit unforgettable places such as Polynesia, China, Far West, México, Sesamoaventura and Mediterrània. Each area awaits with an abundance of emotions and unique experiences. You will find more than tons of rides, shows, along with a wide variety of shops and themed restaurants.
Suffice to say that if you like your holiday a little fast and furious, you couldn’t pick a better place for a holiday rental in Salou. Our UHC team has been to PortAventura WORLD many, many times, with or without kids. Needless to say we are local experts and we are very happy to bring you our ultimate top tips so that your trip to PortAventura is an absolute blast!
Discover the charm of a traditional Mediterranean fishing village and let yourself be seduced by the best of the region’s cuisine and shops in MEDITERRÀNIA. Speed lovers will have the best fun ever on the Furius Baco, an attraction that catapults riders from 0 to 135 km/h in only 3 seconds. The Mediterranean is renowned for it's excellent cuisine. Explore the variety of dishes with the whole family. Tapas, paella, delicious wine and desserts will help you recharge after a day full of excitement.
Explore the jungle and experience the most exotic attractions in POLYNESIA. Lose yourself in a tropical paradise and be part of the tribes coming from around Pacific Ocean. Cool off and keep your adrenaline levels high on the refreshing Tutuki Splash, Canoes and Kontiki, the best family rides. Taste a wide variety of dishes with a tropical touch. Re boost your energy levels at the Bora Bora Restaurant or buy a sandwich at one of the many food stalls.
Travel to imperial CHINA and unleash adrenaline on the Shambhala and Dragon Khan (with 8 loops) roller-coasters. There is fun for the whole family on the many kids rides and a fantastic playground for the little ones. Try the Cobra and the tea cups! Taste the best oriental gastronomy and be impressed by the best alchemists and artists. Make a quick stop at one of the many food stalls and grab some spring rolls on the way!
Become a true Mariachi and discover the Mexican culture. Discover the rhythm of MEXICO, and feel the adrenaline with the 100 meters free fall Huracan Cóndor! The rides in the Mexico area are only for the brave among you! Get carried away by the many rides for kids and spend quality time as a family. Get a taste of the real Mexico at one of the 5 restaurants and join the party!
Discover the secrets of the FAR WEST, inspired by North American culture. Put yourself in the shoes of a real cowboy and experience thrilling adventures. Taste the best grilled mouth-watering hamburgers and BBQ meat in Penitence town. All top-quality American products!
Meet the fascinating inhabitants of SESAMOAVENTURA, the area designed especially for small kids: Ernie, Bert and the rest of the Sesame street gang. It's an amazing place for the whole family! Discover exciting rides such as Magic Fish, Coco Pilot or the Tami Tami roller coaster. Ernie opens the doors of his restaurant to offer pasta, hamburgers, pizzas and much more. Have a drink or an ice cream at one of the many food stalls, perfect to recharge whilst enjoying the family attractions.
UHC Tips and tricks to make the best of your visit
- Buy your tickets in advance and skip queues at the entrance. Avoid Spanish holidays and time your visit to midweek to avoid the crowds.
- Combo tickets: Combine all 2 or 3 amusement parks (PortAventura WORLD, Caribe Aquatic Park and Ferrari Land) and save upto 30%. All tickets offer Super Flexible cancellation policy. These tickets are valid for more than 1 day. That way you save money on you don't have to rush through them.
- Skip the 4D Experience Ice Age: it's boring.
- Measure up! Consider height restrictions (for kids) as each ride has it's restrictions which are taken very seriously. Measure your child in advance to avoid disappointment.
- Get in the Fast Lane: For a dizzying experience, book the Express Pass to skip the main queue. Different options available.
- Plan your trip in advance and make a route to cover all the famous rides. Start early in the morning and work back against the flow of the crowds.
- Remember the weather: wear appropriate clothes and shoes. Make sure to bring your sunscreen, hat and sunglasses.
- A light raincoat is handy for the water rides.
- Food: Eating and drinking is good value in PortAventura. There are lots of kids' and gluten-free ('sin gluten') options, too.
- Stay hydrated! You can bring your own water bottle to fill at drinking fountains throughout the park.
- Download the Port Aventura App: not only you will get a good idea of the layout of the park, but you will get familiar with the average wait times for the big rides. It has great features to make your time in the park as stress-free as possible.
- Stay in one of our Holiday Rental Apartments in Salou, right next to the entrance of the park. Book your stay on the Costa Dorada now and travel with total peace of mind, free cancellation policy and total flexibility.
Cool off at a large Caribbean island with more than 50,000m2 dedicated to tropical adventure. Fun is waiting for you at the 17 thrilling slides and pools in a world where water is the main attraction. Glide down the breathtaking water race down the 6-lane Rapid Race, an undulating and steep descent in Ciclón Tropical and the park’s star attraction: King Khajuna, the highest free fall slide in Europe, only for the bravest among us! Read our Top 10 tips for an unforgettable day at the PortAventura Caribe Aquatic Park.
Buckle up for a high-speed ride... and head for an authentic Ferrari experience! 70.000m2 of fun, adrenaline and excitement! Get ready to enjoy the most innovative technology and enjoy a thrilling experience with the whole family. Discover the secrets behind the legendary Italian brand: Enzo Ferrari. Make the most out of your day at Ferrari Land and plan your holiday ahead with our tips and tricks.
Did you like our guide to make the most out of your visit to PortAventura World? If yes,... please share it!
If you visited the parks before and have any tips or tricks you would like to share with us, please feel free to contact our team.
Rent your Holiday Home on the doorstep of PortAventura WORLD - Salou